Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pillowcase dress


I have seen "pillowcase dresses" in boutique stores and figured I would try my hand at making them. I plan on making more of these with some pillowcases that were hand embroidered by my husbands grandmother.
















I also created a night gown with a cheese sack that my husbands grandmother hand painted. It turned out fairly well, and since the cheese sack was so long, I had enough fabric to create the cute little sleeves.


For the nightgown sleeves... I used 2 long strips for each sleeve. First I made the ruffled part by folding the fabric ever so slightly and stitching it down the length of the fabric. I then sewed it to another long strip of fabric. when I was done making the sleeves, I sewed it to the nightgown. For the nightgown part, I just cut the top off of the pillowcase and then folded it over and stitched it down so that I could still feed elastic through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment